Onward to Quinnipiac
For quite a while now, as I have searched for work, I have been dismayed at not only issues with networking, but also with the need to make myself stand out from the pack.
I believe that education will do this. However, most social media educational opportunities are with what seem to be more like fly by night operations.
Currently, I am taking one class, ICM 522.
ICM 522, Social Media Techniques and Practices, 3 graduate credits
Spring 2014, Summer 2014 – 12 weeks
The proliferation of social media in society has created a new communications environment built on platforms that encourage contribution and collaboration through user-created media and interaction. This course explores the underlying theoretical concepts, development and management of social media platforms as well as the creation of effective strategies to facilitate a viable social media presence. Covered will be:
- Content creation and interactions from semester-long blog postings
- Establishment and maintenance of credible social media presence on multiple platforms
- Demonstration and understanding of platform usage and capabilities
- Written analysis and review of notable social media practitioners or brands
- Overall growth, and effectiveness of student’s semester-long social media presence
So I guess it’s back to school for me.