Google+ Tips to Quickly Boost Results
Tips to Quickly Boost Results. Rebekah Radice of Canva offers some great ideas for how to improve your engagement on Google+, a social platform that even a lot of experienced social media managers can find rather confusing and daunting, and hard to break into.
It should come as no great shock that images are key when you want to quickly boost results. But that is true for pretty much all social media platforms these days. Posts without images are just contributing to the enormous tidal wave of text that we are all dealing with, all the time.
The 800 x 1200 size is optimal for Google+.
Share Fun, Inspirational and Educational Content
Well, sure, that makes sense. For most social media platforms, the mix should be of fun and smart content, with a smattering of inspirational. If your business is angel flights for children, you’ve got no shortage of inspirational content. If it’s The Daily Show, you’ll never have to hunt around for fun content. And if you’ve got Harvard to promote, you can get educational content.
Then there’s the rest of us.
But Radice has some great ideas for engagement, printed here in their entirety –
- “Share your thoughts, expertise, mission, vision and values.
- Give a nice shout out to your favorite blogs and websites.
- Share inspirational thoughts, funny quotes and timely news stories.
- Share other peoples content with context around it.
- Don’t post and run away. Interact, connect and engage!
- Be grateful. Thank people that share your content.
- Be personable and share details about your business in a fun and interactive way.
- Follow people within your industry and niche and create a conversation. Get to know them, share their content and spread the good word about their business. This creates reciprocity and more meaningful interactions.
- Repurpose your content. Just because it’s old to you, doesn’t mean it’s not new to someone else.”
Optimize Your Profile
This includes adding details about what you do, links to your other online content, and sprucing up your profile/logo image and cover image. The 2120 x 1192 size is optimal for Google+ cover images.
Return to Your Buyer Personae
Why are people on Google+? And how can you align your strategy, and what you provide, to what they want, need, and crave? You can quickly boost results.
Don’t forget about Google Plus.