6 Ways a Formatted Google+ Post Will Increase Engagement and InterestBy Janet
February 17, 2018
6 Ways a Formatted Google+ Post Will Increase Engagement and Interest
Your formatted Google+ posts help!
Mike Allton, Social Media Manager at TheSocialMediaHat, provides these great tips to increase interest and engagement on a platform that even a lot of experienced social media mavens find less than intuitive.
1. Title Your Post – Place asterisks at the beginning and end of your first sentence of text to make it bold, treating it like a blog post title.
2. Introduce Your Post – Offer a short précis of the subject, as if you were writing a newspaper article.
3. Ask Questions – Encourage engagement by asking questions, either in the body of the piece or at its end.
4. Include an Image – If you’ve got great images, share them as full images.
5. Mention Influencers – When appropriate, mention key influencers in your post. For example, I mentioned Allton as he is the original author of the work and deserves full and proper credit.
6. Include 2 – 3 Hashtags – Google+ will add two or three hashtags, but it will copy the ones you provide, so give the program the right hashtags.
Plus three extras –
7. Share to your Blog Notification Circle – So this is not for you to spam everyone and anyone. Instead, as Allton recommends, set up a Blog Notification circle where you specifically ask people if they want to be notified of your new posts, and then only add them to that circle if they respond that they are opting in.
8. Respond to Comments – Also, once you’ve shared your post, take the time to respond to people who take the time to comment and engage you. Show appreciation, answer questions, and demonstrate your expertise.
BONUS: Include a Pin It Link – Because great synergy can come from having a strong Pinterest presence alongside Google+.
Want more tips on how to use Google+? Go straight to the source!