Resume for Janet Gershen-Siegel
Social Media Specialist (Resume)
Resume for Social Media Specialist with extensive cross-industry experience. This includes law, financial services, and publishing. Also also voice recognition and insurance. Experienced blogger and article and landing page writer. Also over ten years of database reporting and analysis. HootSuite Certified Professional. Admitted to the New York Bar.
Credit Suite, Land O’ Lakes, FL (work from home position) July 2017 – Present
In charge of all content on site. Write daily blog posts, LinkedIn Pulse posts, and Medium posts. Research business credit for blogging. Also create webinar PowerPoint slideshows for weekly webinars. This includes research and writing, and topic choice. Also manage Help Desk and triage tickets to sales and support personnel. Posted on social media and handled interactions interactions with customers and prospects. This includes answering questions and addressing complaints, plus updating company knowledge base. 20 – 40 Help Desk tickets come in per day. Copy edit marketing letters and brochures. Kept full blog inventory. Analyzed metrics on blog including page views (overall and unique), entrances and exits. Analyzed bounce rates and time on page to improve user experiences. Reached out to Inc. and Entrepreneur and HARO to expand company influence.
Upwork, Boston, MA July 2016 – June 2017
Blogger, Article Writer, and Landing Page Writer
Top-rated freelancer and a part of Upwork’s Premium Talent program. Besides, a 95% approval rating. Also, highly rated for over a year, with over 80 hours worked.
- Landing page writer. This is for topics as diverse as maritime law and business factoring. Also dentistry, exterminators, and building business credit.
- Also blog and article writer on varied subjects. So these included photography and the Merit Systems Protection Board. Also weddings, and bringing medical malpractice claims.
Able2Know.org, Boston, MA August 2002 – present
Co-founder and moderator of a Question and Answer Internet community. Site has more than 500,000 users.
- Moderate and manage site, including develop and put in place Disciplinary Policy.
- Also, seed forums with keyword-rich content to attract various user demographics.
- Also, select and supervise a staff of 30 remotely located volunteers.
- Furthermore, manage Help Desk and triage support tickets to technical personnel.
- Keep all site statistics on membership growth and finances. Report results and trends to site owner.
G & T Show Podcast, Boston, MA June 2014 – December 2017
Social Media Manager
Updated and grew podcast’s presence in social media. Improved SEO on blog posts and YouTube videos. Live tweeted weekly shows. Also, spread info on GoFundMe and Patreon fundraisers. Also recorded a personal appeal for YouTube. Besides, appeared on podcast to cover law and fandom. Also prepared monthly product round up blog post to showcase discussion specifics. Reported metrics to management each week.
Besides, in 104 weeks, the podcast’s social media performance improved as follows:
- 175% more MixCloud listeners.
- 107% more Facebook followers.
- 3800% more Pinterest followers.
- 103% more Tumblr followers.
- 78% more Twitter followers.
- 180% more YouTube channel subscribers.
MadLab, Boston, MA January 2011 – June 2013, November 2016 – June 2017
SEO Specialist/Blogger/Community Manager
Blogger on nursing employment outlook. Furthermore, used Buzzstream CRM system to organize and start SEO efforts. Also included a letter-writing campaign to over 4000 online targets. Also created nursing and employment content for over 1000 web pages. Managed company Nursing sites and forums. Also grew membership, kept members on topic and managed moderating teams. Resume work in 2016.
Neuron Robotics, Cambridge, MA March 2010 – May 2012
Director of Social Media and Public Relations
Social Media expert for startup robotics company.
- Also planned and held company pre-adventure presentation for TEDxBoston, July 27, 2010 (http://tedxboston.org/pre-event-adventures/158-beyond-robotics).
- Also planned and held pre-adventure for TEDxBoston, June 24, 2011 (http://tedxboston.org/adventure/build-a-bot-in-a-few-hours-at-the-artisans-asylum).
- Finally, kept metrics with Google Analytics, Compete.com and Yahoo Site Explorer
Home Energy Remedies, Douglas, MA August – December 2010
Freelance Social Media Marketing Practitioner
Social Media expert for home energy audit company.
- First of all, wrote, curated, and edited company blog. Also updated Twitter. Furthermore, handled marketing and social media strategy.
- Started good content strategy practices. Also improved on and offsite SEO.
- Finally, kept metrics with Google Analytics, Compete.com and Yahoo Site Explorer. Also reported on findings to owner.
- M. S. Communications (Social Media), QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY, Online, 2016.(also graduated with a 4.0 GPA).
- Juris Doctorate, WIDENER LAW SCHOOL, Wilmington, DE, 1986.
- B. A. Philosophy, BOSTON UNIVERSITY, Boston, MA, 1983.
- The 6 Most Important Employment Laws Your Small Business Must Follow – Businessing Magazine, May 26, 2017
- Everything You Ever Wanted Know About the Merit Systems Protection Board – FedSmith, June 12, 2017
- Funding a Startup with Crowdfunding – Businessing Magazine, October 24, 2017
- Using a Writer’s Tricks to Spur Creativity in Your Business, Businessing Magazine, December 27, 2017
- Passed Oracle SQL Certification test (1Z0-007).
- Also completed DBA certification training for Oracle Certified Professional (OCP).
- Furthermore, completed IIBA Business Analyst Fundamentals Certification Track. Also, classes included requirements gathering and use cases. Also system development life cycle (SDLC) and UML.
RESUME | JANET GERSHEN-SIEGEL.COM