Resume for Janet Gershen-Siegel
Social Media Specialist (Resume)
Social Media Specialist with extensive cross-industry experience. This includes law, financial services, and publishing. Also also voice recognition and insurance. Experienced blogger and article and landing page writer. In addition, over ten years of database reporting and analysis. HootSuite Certified Professional. Admitted to the New York Bar.
Upwork, Boston, MA July 2016 – Present
Blogger, Article Writer, and Landing Page Writer
Top-rated freelancer and a part of Upwork’s Premium Talent program. In addition, a 95% approval rating. Also, consistently highly rated with over 80 hours worked.
- Landing page writer for topics as diverse as maritime law, business factoring, dentistry, exterminators, and building business credit.
- Blog and article writer on varied subjects. So these included photography, the Merit Systems Protection Board, weddings, and bringing medical malpractice claims.
Able2Know.org, Boston, MA August 2002 – present
Co-founder and moderator of a Question and Answer Internet community of over 400,000 users.
- Moderate and manage site, including develop and implement Disciplinary Policy.
- Also, seed forums with keyword-rich content to attract various user demographics.
- In addition, select and supervise a staff of 30 remotely located volunteers.
- Furthermore, manage Help Desk and triage support tickets to technical personnel.
- Keep all site statistics on membership growth and finances. Report results and trends to site owner.
G & T Show Podcast, Boston, MA June 2014 – present
Social Media Manager
Update and grow podcast’s presence in social media. Improve SEO on blog posts and YouTube videos. Live tweet weekly shows. In addition, spread info on GoFundMe and Patreon fundraisers. Also recorded a personal appeal for YouTube. In addition, appear on podcast to cover law and fandom. Furthermore, prepare monthly product round up blog post to showcase discussion specifics.
In addition, in 104 weeks, the podcast’s social media performance improved as follows:
- 175% more MixCloud listeners.
- 107% more Facebook followers.
- 3800% more Pinterest followers.
- 103% more Tumblr followers.
- 78% more Twitter followers.
- 180% more YouTube channel subscribers.
MadLab, Boston, MA January 2011 – June 2013, November 2016 – Present
SEO Specialist/Blogger/Community Manager
Blogger covering nursing employment outlook. Furthermore, used Buzzstream CRM system to organize and start SEO efforts. Also included a letter-writing campaign to over 4000 online targets. Created nursing and employment content for over 1000 web pages. Managed company Nursing sites and forums. In addition, grew membership, kept members on topic and managed moderating teams. Resume work in 2016.
Neuron Robotics, Cambridge, MA March 2010 – May 2012
Director of Social Media and Public Relations
Social Media expert for startup robotics company.
- Also planned and held company pre-adventure presentation for TEDxBoston, July 27, 2010 (http://tedxboston.org/pre-event-adventures/158-beyond-robotics).
- In addition, planned and held pre-adventure for TEDxBoston, June 24, 2011 (http://tedxboston.org/adventure/build-a-bot-in-a-few-hours-at-the-artisans-asylum).
- Finally, kept metrics with Google Analytics, Compete.com and Yahoo Site Explorer
Home Energy Remedies, Douglas, MA August – December 2010
Freelance Social Media Marketing Practitioner
Social Media expert for home energy audit company.
- First of all, wrote, curated, and edited company blog.
- In addition, updated Twitter.
- Furthermore, handled marketing and social media strategy.
- Started good content strategy practices.
- In addition, improved on and offsite SEO.
- Finally, kept metrics with Google Analytics, Compete.com and Yahoo Site Explorer. In addition, reported on findings to owner.
- M. S. Communications (Social Media), QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY, Online, 2016.(Furthermore, graduated with a 4.0 GPA).
- Juris Doctorate, WIDENER LAW SCHOOL, Wilmington, DE, 1986.
- B. A. Philosophy, BOSTON UNIVERSITY, Boston, MA, 1983.
- The 6 Most Important Employment Laws Your Small Business Must Follow – Businessing Magazine, May 26, 2017
- Everything You Ever Wanted Know About the Merit Systems Protection Board – FedSmith, June 12, 2017
- Passed Oracle SQL Certification test (1Z0-007).
- In addition, completed DBA certification training for Oracle Certified Professional (OCP).
- Furthermore, completed IIBA Business Analyst Fundamentals Certification Track. In addition, classes include requirements gathering and use cases. Also system development life cycle (SDLC) and UML.
RESUME | JANET GERSHEN-SIEGEL.COM