Writing has become an integral part of my life. I am a published science fiction author. You can find me on Amazon. And I am also a fervent NaNoWriMo participant. And as a part of changing careers, I also write.
So let me tell you a little bit about that.
I won the first annual Riverdale Avenue Books NaNoWriMo contest (2013). So it ended up as my first time being published. Since then, I have written for a number of charity anthologies. Also, I have won NaNoWriMo every year since.
I have been writing fiction of one form or another for about forty-five years. My great love is science fiction. However, I love writing comedy, romance, and mystery. Also, these elements often show up in my writing.
So at this particular point in time, my published writing consists of:
- Untrustworthy, published by Riverdale Avenue Books.
- 72 Hours of Insanity, anthology published by the Writers’ Workout. Available in Kindle version only.
- Discovery, LGBTQ stories anthology to benefit Queer Sci-Fi. Published by Mischief Corner Books
- Stardust, Always, anthology in memory of David Bowie and Alan Rickman, to benefit cancer research. Published by Writers’ Colony Press
- The Longest Night Watch 1, anthology in memory of Sir Terry Pratchett. Benefits Alzheimer’s research. Published by Writers’ Colony Press
- The Longest Night Watch 2, anthology in memory of Sir Terry Pratchett and Gene Wilder. Also benefits Alzheimer’s research. Also published by Writers’ Colony Press
In addition, I have won NaNoWriMo every single year since 2013.
- 2014 – Obolonk Trilogy (the NaNo story was the second in the trilogy):
- The Obolonk Murders
- The Polymer Beat
- also The Badge of Humanity
- 2015 – The Enigman Cave (queried)
- and 2016 – The Real Hub of the Universe (right now in beta)
- 2017 – (expected) Mettle (currently in the planning stages)
Writing Works in Progress
I am of the opinion that Ray Bradbury was right. He said that you should write a lot. It should be every day, if that is at all possible. Because, according to him, you can’t write a bad short story 365 days in a row. While I admire his dedication, I just do not have the time these days. Hence it is a bit more of a chore for me to do non-work writing, as I write so much for work these days. I have any number of small pieces of paper with ideas scratched on them. That is another one of Bradbury’s ideas, which is to park the weirder ideas and stuff them into a jar labeled ‘Writing Ideas’. And I have done so. I really do have such a jar on my work desk.
As of this writing, the following are works in progress:
- The Real Heart of the Universe (the first sequel to The Real Hub of the Universe. This one is currently outlined and maybe halfway written or so)
- The Real Power of the Universe (this second sequel to Real Hub one barely has an outline. Much like with the Obolonk stories, this series will end as a trilogy. Or at least that’s my intention)
- Mettle (currently barely outlined but the characters are in my head)
Finally, I greatly appreciate your support and kindness. So buckle up, it’s a wild ride.