- Category: Publishing (continued)
- Beta Reading, Part 2
- MSWL (Manuscript Wish List)
- Choosing an Editor
- Editing Tips
- Genre Treatments
- NaNoWriMo—Word Count, Love, and Please Don't Panic
- PitMad on Twitter
- Reviewing – Bad Reviews
- Reviewing – Middling Reviews
- Reviewing – Positive Reviews
- Scene Setting
- Teasing Your Work
- Working With a Beta Reader
- Writing a Query Letter
- Writing Needs Editing Part 1
- Writing Needs Editing Part 2
- Category: Promotions
- Category: Quinnipiac
- Quinnipiac Assignment #14 – Final Project ICM 522
- Quinnipiac Assignment #02 – Qualitative and Quantitative Analytics
- Quinnipiac Assignment #1 - A Day in My Life in Social Media
- Quinnipiac Assignment #13 - Review of the J-Krak Communities
- Quinnipiac Assignment #15 – Reflections about ICM 522
- Quinnipiac Assignment #2 – Disruption (NSFW)
- Quinnipiac Assignment #3 – Facebook Network
- Quinnipiac Assignment #4 – Ad Astra Community
- Quinnipiac Assignment #5 – Viral Videos
- Quinnipiac Assignment #6 – Social Listening
- Quinnipiac Assignment #7 – POST Method Building Social Media Strategy
- Quinnipiac Assignment #8 – J-Krak Blog
- Quinnipiac Assignment 01 – ICM 502 – What is Information? What is the Role of Design in how we Receive Information?
- Quinnipiac Assignment 01 – ICM 507 - the Role of Social Media
- Quinnipiac Assignment 01 – ICM 526 – The Most Important Role of a Community Manager
- Quinnipiac Assignment 01 – ICM 552 – Physician Boundaries and the Internet
- Quinnipiac Assignment 01 – ICM501 – Ratings and Recommender Systems
- Quinnipiac Assignment 02 – ICM 502 – Information Design Common to Biblical Texts
- Quinnipiac Assignment 02 – ICM 512 – Harrison Parrott vs. Sam Hill Entertainment
- Quinnipiac Assignment 02 – ICM 526 – Influencer Impact and Networks
- Quinnipiac Assignment 02 – ICM 527 – Strategic Planning, Formative Research, and Issues Management
- Quinnipiac Assignment 02 – ICM 552 – Charlie Hebdo and Ethics
- Quinnipiac Assignment 02 – ICM 552 – Ethical Dilemmas
- Quinnipiac Assignment 02 – ICM 590 – Compare Project Management Styles for Media
- Quinnipiac Assignment 02 – ICM501 – Regulation & Resistance
- Quinnipiac Assignment 03 – ICM 527 – SWOT and PEST Analyses
- Quinnipiac Assignment 03 – ICM501 – Copyright & Copyleft—Intellectual Property Online
- Quinnipiac Assignment 04 - ICM 527 - Defining Publics
- Quinnipiac Assignment 04 – ICM 526 - The Importance of Content Marketing for Community Managers
- Quinnipiac Assignment 04 – ICM501 – Search and Algorithmic Surfacing
- Quinnipiac Assignment 05 – ICM 526 – Authentic Brand Voice in Social Media
- Quinnipiac Assignment 05 – ICM 527 – Goals, Objectives, and Position Statements
- Quinnipiac Assignment 05 – ICM 552 – Who Owns Spiderman?
- Quinnipiac Assignment 06 – ICM 552 – Brian Williams and the Gaffe Heard ‘Round the World
- Quinnipiac Assignment 07 - ICM 527 - Message Strategies
- Quinnipiac Assignment 07 – ICM 526 – How Highly Regulated Industries Can Best Use Social Media
- Quinnipiac Assignment 07 – ICM501 – The Ubiquity of Data: Ambient Awareness and Information Overload
- Quinnipiac Assignment 08 – ICM 526 – Social Media in a Crisis – a Look at Sabra Hummus and Listeria
- Quinnipiac Assignment 08 – ICM 552 – Dark Patterns in User-Oriented Design
- Quinnipiac Assignment 09 – ICM 552 – Content Moderation and Ethics
- Quinnipiac Assignment 10 – ICM501 – Television and the Internet
- Quinnipiac Assignment 11 – ICM 552 – Net Neutrality
- Quinnipiac Assignment 11 – ICM501 – Mobile & Locative Media
- Quinnipiac Assignment 12 – ICM 527 – Strategic Campaign Plan Formatting and Differences
- Quinnipiac Assignment 12 – ICM 552 - Privacy and Big Data
- Quinnipiac Assignment 12 – ICM501 – Participation and Control
- Quinnipiac Assignment 13 – ICM 552 – Right to Privacy vs. Right to be Forgotten
- Quinnipiac Assignment 14 – ICM 527 – Real World versus Academics and RPIE
- Quinnipiac Final Paper – ICM501 – Creative Obfuscation
- Wireframing and Paper Prototyping
- Quinnipiac Assignment 08 - ICM 527 - Communication Tactics
- Quinnipiac Assignment 08 – ICM501 – Polarization, Partisanship, and Politics
- Quinnipiac Assignment 09 – ICM501 – Gaming: A Persuasive Industry?
- Quinnipiac Assignment 10 - ICM 527 - Program Evaluation
- Quinnipiac Assignment 10 – ICM 552 – The Future of Big Data
- Category: Site Development
- Category: Social Media
- Maker Faire and Mass Innovation
- My New Job at Neuron Robotics …
- Podcasting for Fun and Possibly Some Profit
- Social Media Background Check Being Used For Jury Selection
- Social Media Balance
- ... And Facebook for All
- A Little Less Conversation, a Little More Action
- Alibaba looking for a $1B IPO
- Employer Access to Employee Passwords
- Avoiding Common Legal Mistakes in Social Media Contests and Sweepstakes
- Demographics for Instagram, Tumblr and Pinterest
- Pegasystems Buys Indian Social Analytics Company
- Social Media's Seduction AKA Oops, Did I Do That?
- Quinnipiac Assignment 06 – ICM 526 – Best Practices in Using Social Media for Customer Service
- Social Media: Hope, Hype or What?
- The Best Lengths for Social Media Posts and More
- Wattpad gets into the Digital Publishing Game
- What Do You Look Like Online?
- Supercharging Your On-Line Presence
- Social Media Continues its Relentless Pace
Hope This Site Map Was of Help to You
So, you have got to love a site map, right?
I hope that you can find everything! But just in case you cannot, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help. I can also add a missing topic if you like. Seriously, there is so much I could be writing about in this blog.
So, this is in the areas of writing, content, and social media. I love to write about all of them, so please let me know if you have any questions. Or if you have any suggestions. Because I would love to hear them!
So Here’s a Quick Suggestion if You Have an Author Website
Yes, I am kind of hiding it here. So, consider it like finding the afikomen at Passover. This is your lucky moment!
So, here is my suggestion. Use a service to audit your site. Also, there are a number of free ones out there. I use both SemRush and ahrefs. So, the best part about both of them is that they can find slightly different things. Also, you can always have them run at slightly different times. So, by doing that, you can check on your fixes, if you like.
With both of these particular services, I have been able to find things like the largest image files. So, they were slowing down the site, big time. I also learned about the posts which did not have any incoming links. I also learned about the posts where there was no targeted keyword phrase.
So, fixing all these problems has really helped the site. Also, I feel that, in general, it has helped with my own professional writing. After all, if I can’t fix my own site…. So, that’s been a bonus right there.
But What About SEO?
All of this is related directly, of course, to search engine optimization. A website with no SEO (or with bad SEO) might as well not exist at all. Because, unless you are super duper famous (think Stephen King famous), the chances of someone trying to find your website are not so great. You need to help yourself out.
Also, optimizing a site for SEO is one of the best and easiest ways to do just that. Oh, and did I mention that a lot of it is free?
Anyway, that’s the afikomen. 🙂