My Social Media Specialist Resume
Social Media Specialist
Resume for Social Media Specialist with extensive cross-industry experience. So this includes law, financial services, and publishing. Also includes voice recognition and insurance. Experienced blogger and article and landing page writer. Also over ten years of database reporting and analysis. HubSpot Certified in Content Marketing. HootSuite Certified Professional. Admitted to the New York Bar.
Credit Suite, Tampa, FL (100% remote) July 2017 – Present
- In charge of all content on site. Write daily blog posts. Research business credit for blogging and digital marketing.
- Responsible for working with SEO contractor and improving SEO on site. As a result, average positions for all keywords have improved by over 7%.
- Also create webinar PowerPoint slideshows for weekly webinars. This includes research and writing, and topic choice. Write e-books and guides.
- Optimize content for SEO. So this includes blog posts and webinars on YouTube and Facebook.
- Also manage Help Desk and triage tickets on Zendesk from blog and requests for guest post slots. Posted on social media. Also handled interactions with customers and prospects. This includes answering questions and addressing complaints. Plus update company knowledge base. 20 – 40 Help Desk tickets come in per day.
- Copy edit marketing letters, brochures, and podcast promotional materials. Resume all guides with current copyright data. Edit and update all free guides and company bonus material available on the Business Finance Suite.
- Keep full blog inventory. Analyze metrics on blog including page views (overall and unique), entrances and exits. Analyze bounce rates and time on page to improve user experiences. Reach out to Inc. and Entrepreneur and HARO to expand company influence.
- Also manage two employees, a virtual assistant and a writer. Includes hiring, reviewing, and firing. Also includes assigning tasks, and preparing and delivering reviews.
- Writer for Entrepreneur: https://www.entrepreneur.com/author/janet-gershen-siegel
- SEO blog transformation including advanced experience with MarketMuse, Surfer SEO, and Ahrefs
- Manage content calendar and inventory including comprehensive blog audit and redesign
- Copyedit and write persuasive copy for landing pages, brochures, marketing emails, e-books, guides, and company product information
- Cited as expert in business credit by Yahoo! Finance and US News and World Report
- Wrote 774 of the 1,207 published and scheduled blog posts (64.13%).
- Wrote 400 of the 515 presented and scheduled webinars (77%).
- Wrote or updated all 66 guides the company distributes to customers and prospects (100%).
- Wrote all 22 business financing landing pages for the company website overhaul (100%).
Upwork, Boston, MA (100% remote) July 2016 – June 2017
Blogger, Article Writer, and Landing Page Writer
Top-rated freelancer. Also part of Upwork’s Premium Talent program. Besides, a 95% approval rating. Also, highly rated for over a year, with over 80 hours worked.
- Landing page writer. So, this was for topics as diverse as maritime law and business factoring. Also dentistry, exterminators, and building business credit.
- Also blog and article writer on varied subjects. So these included photography and the Merit Systems Protection Board. Also weddings, and bringing medical malpractice claims.
- After 6 months, Credit Suite hired me directly!
Able2Know.org, Boston, MA (100% remote) August 2002 – present
Co-founder and moderator of a Question and Answer Internet community. Able2know has grown from 2 to more than 1,200,000 users.
- Moderate and manage site, including develop and put in place Disciplinary Policy.
- Also, seed forums with keyword-rich content to attract various user demographics.
- Also, select and supervise a staff of 30 remotely located volunteers.
- Furthermore, manage Help Desk and triage support tickets to technical personnel.
- Keep all site statistics on membership growth and finances. Report results and trends to site owner.
G & T Show Podcast, Boston, MA (100% remote) June 2014 – Dec. 2017
Social Media Manager
Social Media Specialist: updated and grew G & T Show presence in social media. Managed social media presence. Improved SEO on blog posts and YouTube videos. Live tweeted weekly shows.
Also, spread info on GoFundMe and Patreon fundraisers. Also recorded a personal appeal for YouTube. Besides, appeared on podcast to cover law and fandom. Also prepared monthly product round up blog post. So this was to showcase discussion specifics. And reported metrics to management each week.
Also, in 104 weeks, the podcast’s social media performance improved as follows:
- 175% more MixCloud listeners.
- 107% more Facebook followers.
- Also, 3800% more Pinterest followers.
- 103% more Tumblr followers.
- 78% more Twitter followers.
- Also, 180% more YouTube channel subscribers.
MadLab, Boston, MA (100% remote) Jan. 2011 – June 2013, Nov. 2016 – June 2017
SEO Specialist/Blogger/Community Manager/Social Media Specialist
Blogger on nursing employment outlook on MadLab-owned sites. Furthermore, used Buzzstream CRM system to organize and start SEO efforts. Also undertook a letter-writing campaign to over 5000 online targets. Also created nursing and employment content for over 1000 web pages. And managed company nursing sites and forums. Also grew membership. Kept members on topic and managed moderating teams.
Neuron Robotics, Cambridge, MA March 2010 – May 2012
Director of Social Media and Public Relations/Social Media Specialist
Social Media specialist for startup robotics company. But note:Neuron Robotics is now Commonwealth Robotics.
- First of all, planned and held company pre-adventure presentation for TEDxBoston, July 27, 2010.
- Also planned and held pre-adventure for TEDxBoston, June 24, 2011.
- Finally, kept metrics with Google Analytics, Compete.com and Yahoo Site Explorer
Home Energy Remedies, Douglas, MA August – December 2010
Freelance Social Media Marketer
Social Media specialist for home energy audit company.
- First of all, wrote, curated, and edited company blog. Also updated Twitter. Furthermore, handled marketing and resume social media strategy.
- Started good content strategy practices. Also improved on and offsite SEO.
- Finally, kept metrics with Google Analytics, Compete.com, and Yahoo Site Explorer. Also reported on findings to owner.
- M. S. Communications (Social Media), QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY, Online, 2016. (also graduated with a 4.0 GPA).
- Juris Doctorate, WIDENER LAW SCHOOL, Wilmington, DE, 1986.
- B. A. Philosophy, BOSTON UNIVERSITY, Boston, MA, 1983.
- Entrepreneur articles:
- Perpetrators of Crowdfunding Fraud Can’t Hide From the Law Forever, April 5, 2019
- 5 Mistakes that Sabotage Your Company’s Bank Credit Score, April 12, 2019
- These Funding and Business Assistance Programs Are Helping Felons Restart Their Lives, December 4, 2020
- The Best Funding Resources for Disabled Entrepreneurs, January 8, 2020
- 7 Helpful Financing Options for LGBTQ+ Entrepreneurs, February 4, 2020
- Win the Uphill Battle for Success with Business Funding for Women, May 17, 2020
- 3 Nonprofit Funding Avenues All Founders Should Know About, May 25, 2020
- The Best Business Funding Options for Immigrant and Refugee Entrepreneurs, June 3, 2020
- Do Politics Affect Business Financing? September 30, 2020
- Options for Small Business Loans Beyond PPP, August 14, 2020; updated January 31, 2021
- How to Find Funding to Start a House Flipping Business, June 2, 2021
- Everything You Ever Wanted Know About the Merit Systems Protection Board – FedSmith, June 12, 2017
- Business.com articles:
- Ways to Fund Your Startup Without Losing Equity, September 9, 2019
- How to Excel as a Manager, September 15, 2019
- Minority Business Loans and Grants, February 27, 2020
- Save the Planet With These Business and Personal Credit Cards, May 29, 2020
- Businessing Magazine articles:
- The 6 Most Important Employment Laws Your Small Business Must Follow, May 26, 2017
- Funding a Startup with Crowdfunding, October 24, 2017
- Using a Writer’s Tricks to Spur Creativity in Your Business, December 27, 2017
SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST: TECHNICAL SKILLS
- First of all, Content Marketing Certified by HubSpot (certificate code: a977cff832dd4426b43eb451502262af)
- Passed Oracle SQL Certification test (1Z0-007).
- Also finished DBA certification training for Oracle Certified Professional (OCP).
- Furthermore, finished IIBA Business Analyst Fundamentals Certification Track. Also, classes included requirements gathering and use cases. Also system development life cycle (SDLC) and UML.
You must be logged in to post a comment.